Tuesday, April 24, 2012

WHERE DID FALL AND WINTER GO!!

April 24, 2012

 

When we were young we often heard our 'elders' say "Where does the time go?".  Time has passed and we are now the elders with the same question.  I remember someone saying "what goes around. . .comes around" and sure enough it has. A whole 'nother years worth!

This was what Lower Pines 63 looked like until July last season.
Ideal looking but only when we are not there does it look like this.

 As I start to bring this a bit more up to date we begin  hearing from friends in  Yosemite and environs who wander are we really going to do another season in the park and the answer is YES!!  For us it will be our 20th season and in the same  accommodations.  Changed them as the nylon and zippers wear out but the same basic structure which means one room for us with a roof over our head with the  hope there will not be enough rain and/or snow to cave them in (which it actually did one year) or enough wind to blow them away.  We also have a 'garage tent' for stuff or occasional guest who doesn't come with a tent and doesn't mind sleeping on a a slope.  It would appear that my research for pontoons (after last year) will not be needed this season.  The sad thing about this time of year as we prepare is the loss of some who will not be there due to health, death or other activities.  

  Even family is beginning to ask have we started to pack yet.  The answer is not really.  However in my mind, what there is of it,  things are beginning to fall into place and since it is only about three weeks away, all that is in there should  not fall out before van is loaded and ready. 

Our time has been happily spent at home.  I passed on my annual Laughlin trip but will do it in the fall. Instead MaryJane  and I answered a GIRLS ONLY call to Disneyland and spent three truly relaxing and fun filled days in beautiful weather.    if any of you reading this have a chance to go, be sure and ride SOARING CALIFORNIA.  it is unique and beautiful and  you feel  you are there, including the hang glider ride in Yosemite.

Reading has taken up a lot of time.  Magazines, books and I do love my Kindle Touch.  I also love the new MacBook Air which Paul gave me as a combined birthday, Christmas and whatever gift.  Each of my devices has an app for Kindle and Nook so I should never be caught without a book. At present I am getting a couple books on CD from the local library and hoping I can convert to mp3 format to use as we travel. Paul reads mostly magazines and recently completed two excellent books by the astronauts.  

You are looking across the channel towards North Island Navel Base

We have celebrated several family birthdays together and frequently have family meals just because. It is quality time for all of us.  Dinners here for one dau and family who live upstairs, on Thursday night.  Lunches and errands on Thursday  with my girlfriends, where we eat and catch up on news and views, exchange books and share  lots of laughter.   Easter was our usual Shelter Island Gig with son in law Mike's family and extended family.  A surgery for me and for Dolores, from which we have each recovered.  Paul's health continues to amaze us all.  

Great Grandsons having fun with Legos
Sunrise from Kate Sessions park where I walk



Dawn & Mary Jane at Disneyland

Bees had a good start on a hive in one of the flower boxes waiting to be set up upstairs.  They did leave fortunately.

A later in the day view overlooking Mission Bay from Kate Sessions Park.
 Movies from NetFlix are entertainment when TV is not all that great.  Exercise by walking, exercise bike, swimming, rebounder . . .some of which I can do and read at the same time.  Paul walks slower than I but carries weights when he goes to the local park.  I also found I can actually knit and ride the exercise bike but I prefer to read. He swims every morning in the backyard pool.  Water now up to 75 from about 60! 
Blues from BIG LOTS, Rainbows from e-bay




 

with decision as to what to make yet to be made.

 

1 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://everyoneweb.com/cetirizine1971a148 10mg effets secondaires de chlorhydrate de cetirizine [url=http://flavors.me/cetirizine_backburbamur1977]can you overdose on cetirizine hcl[/url] high off cetirizine hcl Perrigo comprimes chlorhydrate de cetirizine 10mg cetirizine 500mg http://www.world66.com/member/vladti2003_tadalaf cetirizine 1mg [url=http://www.world66.com/member/matgen2007_tadacip]puis-je obtenir haut sur la cetirizine[/url] perrigo cetirizine hydrochloride tablets 10 mg 300 ea comprimes chlorhydrate de cetirizine 10mg thuoc adezio cetirizine hcl 1 mg http://flavors.me/cetirizine_nieparfiter1980 cetirizine 20mg [url=http://www.world66.com/member/roilnor1975_varden]peut faire une surdose chlorhydrate de cetirizine[/url] Perrigo comprimes chlorhydrate de cetirizine 10 mg 300 EA can i get high off cetirizine cetirizine 1000mg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home