Sunday, July 24, 2011

END OF JUNE AND INTO MID JULY

Seems like ages since I actually brought anything to a wi fi  connection point except the IPad.   You can see I am easily spoiled.   And today I found I can put the Kindle app on the MacBook and have access to all my books on it as well as Paul's Kindle and the IPad.  Not sure  how often they will get used except,  as often happens the connection tends  to time out and I could read then.

Summer is moving along and it has been really great weather wise up until about last week when the heat has arrived.  Our first week at Lake Tahoe was exceptionally nice and we did our usual hanging out at Sand Harbor.  Paul swimming and walking around and yours truly entrenched on the beach with my friends NOOK, reading several new novels.  Between her loaning me the NOOK and what I had of my own I managed five and a half books, including DREAMS OF JOY by Lisa See, FANCY PANTS by Tina Fey and several mysteries.

 Tahoe was much higher this year  with the result being less beach.  Crowded most days but an amazing place with little to no litter and families galore.  Rules strictly enforced and people know it so there are no issues that make for a bad experience.
No fancy meals  . . .just a nice place to spend a week and enjoy my own bathroom and shower. One of our favorite meals was lunch at Walker Burger in Walker, CA with Ortega Burgers and Blackberry/coconut super thick milkshakes. Can't be beat! We managed to time it so we could eat there both coming and going.
WALKER BURGER




 Flowers were different in some places this season.  This is the only Columbine I have run across and this was by bridge heading home from Day Use Parking (formerly Camp six).  There were probably twice as many mosquitoes as flowers but it was worth it.
I stopped to take photo of a couple and they in turn offered to take one of me.

 Cheated to get this by sharing a peanut.
 What the Swallowtails do in their spare time so there will be more Swallowtails.
 A few clouds and sunset is all it takes to make people fall in love with Yosemite and Paul and I are no exception.
 At least this snowfield and waterfall is melting towards the east side. More water in this fall then we have seen in years.  More snow left in most areas as well.
 Showy Milkweed attracts the Monarchs. However when the butterflies are around my camera isn't. I have not given up yet but so far my luck has been zilch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home